Monday, October 8, 2007

Make Me Undress, Joyce Jimenez

I still can't stop thinking about Paolo. I don't even know why I'm thinking about him, but I can't get him out of my head. I know there isn't even a problem because what he felt was a thing of the past, but I can't help but be burdened with the weight of this "problem". We actually had a field trip for our NSTP class today but I didn't go because I couldn't bear facing him.

Yesterday I went to Shangrila to meet up with a date. I dropped by the Store For All Seasons to check out their shirts and hopefully get one before meeting Tim. The Store For All Seasons is a consignment boutique along Shaw Boulevard that sells gorgeous clothes that are oh-so-unique. One of their labels is Proudrace, a local version of House of Holland. Their staples are statement shirts i.e. LET'S GET IT ON, IVARLUSKI ASERON; JUST DANCE, DON'T VOGUE, KYLIE MINOGUE; and COLD AND BITCHY, NICOLE RICHIE.

I was annoyed because I got lost while looking for the Store For All Seasons. I wasn't really familiar with the topography of Shaw Boulevard so I spent half an hour walking along the wrong street. I couldn't really blame Arvin, he gave the right directions, it was me who was in the wrong. When I finally got on the right street (the peanut vendor assisted me), I got really exasperated because Arvin told me it was very near Starmall. It was not. From there I spent almost another half-hour looking for the boutiqe. Just when I was about to hail a cab and meet Tim (at this point, I was a sweaty Betty), I saw it at last. There I bought MAKE ME UNDRESS, JOYCE JIMENEZ. I absolutely loved it.

So when I changed shirts (I wore the JOYCE shirt) I walked back to Shangrila Mall (It was traffic) and met Tim. Timothy is a 21 year old Journalism teacher in an exclusive school somewhere in Pasig. We met at Starbucks and had coffee and talked. Timothy is absolutely charming. Very talkative, lively, and interesting. He kind of reminded of Mickey from Pinoy Big Brother. I found it very fascinating how he used the word ANXIOUS in a sentence. Usually, I only encounter that word in a book and not in a regular conversation.

So after grabbing a cigarette (I know, I know) and talking some more, we decided to part ways. I managed to get home safe, and hark the herald angels sing, I didn't think of Paolo the entire night. Instead, I thought of rhymes for future shirts I'll have custom-made. Okay, I admit, I first brainstormed for a Paolo shirt and I thought of this: YOU MAKE ME SO SILLY, PAOLO MANALILI. What do you think? Some of my other concepts are: WHAT'S THE PLAN,KOJIMAN; and KISS MY BAZOOKA, KOJI IIZUKA. Isn't it cute?

I am so going crazy over statement shirts. From the words of the future great director Shinji Manlangit: ALAVET!!!!!

A phrase from Dido's song HERE WITH ME: I didn't hear you leave, I wonder how am I still here, and I don't want to move a thing, it might change my memory. Oh I am what I am, I'll do what I want, but I can't hide, I won't go, I won't sleep, I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me. I won't leave, I can't hide, I cannot be, until you're resting here with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...