Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Philippine Fashion Week: The Holiday Collection 2011 (Part Une)


Last night, I was at SMX with Nikko Panti for Philippine Fashion Week. We got tickets for Menswear and Arnold Galang/Chris Diaz/Gerry Katigbak from Stylebible at the last minute.

Menswear had 12 designers and I liked Bang Pineda, Drei Soriano and Ulysses King. Pineda used a lot of interesting circles in his designs, especially on his jackets and dress shirts. Soriano mainly used blacks, greys and leather and it looked really badass. I liked how S&M his collection looked and I might pick up some stuff from his collection. The 12 designers mostly used blacks but King broke the monotony by preparing pieces in vibrant and refreshing shades of oranges and blues.

For the next show, I really liked Arnold Galang’s collection. I think his peg was Tibet or Thailand and his pieces were a tasteful combination of reds, greens, and oranges. The fabrics looked really soft, flowy and elegant. I didn’t really feel Diaz’s collection because it looked too Single Ladies, complete with leotards and that metallic glove that Beyonce seemed to obsess over a time. Katigbak used a lot of beautiful lace.

The best part of the night was seeing Chat Almarvez, Charo Ronquillo and Ria Bolivar in one show. I almost had an orgasm.


Because we got the tickets at the last minute, I didn’t have enough time to put together an outfit. Uniqlo shirt, custom-made blazer, Lee jeans, French shoes, nonprescription glasses from the tiangge. Not very fasyown, I must admit but hey, I was under duress.


My socks are also from Uniqlo. I’m so into the brand that even the underwear I wore was from Uniqlo.

I have invites for L’Oreal tonight but I can’t make it because I have a dinner. But I’ll be there this Friday for Luxewear and Oxygen, and Ford Model’s Supermodel of the World Philippines and Design Fusion this Saturday. See you guys there!

Nota bene: I need to get a better camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...