Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Postscript: Puerto Galera (April 23-25, 2011)


As you know, I immensely enjoyed my trip to Boracay. I was never a fan of the beach but after seeing the clear waters and the white sands of Boracay Island, I was in love. So in love that I put a picture of a gorgeous beach as my laptop wallpaper and kept staring at my tan (which eventually peeled, gross). I wanted to go back to the beach, any beach, that I was delighted when my mom announced we were going to Puerto Galera for the weekend. Take note that this happened just a week after Boracay. I was thrilled. Imagine going to two summer destinations in one month!

I like Boracay better but Galera has its charms. The beach was also beautiful and inspiring. However, most of the people were locals and the food was more affordable. I knew that it was gay paradise but I didn't expect the deluge of gay boys. I think more than half of the Galera crowd were gay. My sister and I tried to figure out the science behind it but eventually forgot about it because we discovered a new sport - kayaking.

We stayed in a private resort which made our stay fun. I enjoyed the company and even met some great people. It was a perfect way to unwind and enjoy the weekend before my trip to China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...