Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Made in China: Fashion

Shanghai didn't disappoint me in terms of style. A lot of the people, regardless of sex were really dressed up and rocking their outfits. I wasn't surprised - they have all these resources that cater to every budget. From local Chinese brands (with logos eerily similar to those of Western brands such as Polo Ralph Lauren and Lacoste) to designers such as Miu Miu and Salvatore Ferragamo, the locals knew how to dress.







There were plenty more but I couldn't take pictures of them because of the angle and the speed of their walks.

Of course, I also made an effort to dress up. I planned my outfits two days before leaving and used communist chic as my peg with two green jackets as my key pieces.


Black shirt from Kenneth Cole, jeans from Lee, sneakers from Hong Kong and bag a gift from an uncle. I turned over the jacket's front because it has gold Chinese print all over it. I was tempted to wear it like that since I was in China but everyone was dressed modern so I decided against it. I got it at an ukay for P35.


Green jacket from an ukay (P35), yellow shirt from Uniqlo, Lee jeans, sneakers from Hong Kong and bag from uncle.

I still have another look from my third day but I didn't really like it that much. I just realized that day that the dress shirt (Celio) I brought didn't go well with either jacket. Eh, it was functional anyway because it was freezing cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...