The years have come and gone, and I'd like to update the list to see where I've come, where I'm headed, and where I am now.
- Write a book. I will be a part of a horror anthology but I still dream of publishing my own book.
- Produce a painting and see it in a gallery. I still haven't caught the painting bug so I don't think this'll happen anytime soon, but I would enjoy seeing my works next to Louie Cordero, Romeo Lee, or Carina Santos.
Work in a publication. I'm now a regular writer for The Philippine Star, where I maintain my own section in Supreme called Best of the Week.
- Live alone. Still a dream.
- See the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. This will always be a dream, as well as see other parts of Europe like Germany, Russia, and Italy.
Gamble. I had a brief addiction to gambling, but I wasn't as lucky as I thought, or knowledgeable in statistics, so I didn't win much. Fortunately, I don't have an addictive personality so I grew out of it after a few weeks. Work in a mental ward. I interned at the National Center for Mental Health in Mandaluyong and it was one of the best parts of my college life. Honestly, I felt more at ease around those with mental disorders than those we call "normal."
- Go on a cruise
Go to the zoo. I've been to the aquariums, zoos, and insectariums in other countries but I haven't been to the Manila Zoo. Recently. If I were to base this on the Manila Zoo, perhaps I shouldn't get my hopes up?
- See the Great Wall of China. I made the mistake of going to Shanghai instead of Beijing. I vow to return to China and see the Great Wall.
- Spend the day in Chinatown and eat the food. One of my more realistic dreams. I must get this done soon.
- Get married
- Have a baby girl
- Play the piano
Drive a car. Not my thing.
- Be surrounded by penguins. What was I thinking?
- Write a moving poem
- Learn a foreign language. I regret not taking my Chinese and French seriously.
- See Intramuros
- See the pyramids. Along with my dream Eurotrip, I long to travel and see the world.
- Solve a crossword puzzle
- Be in/famous
Win an award. It's not exactly the kind of award I wanted but I got a co-curricular gold medal for leadership for my work as the editor-in-chief of the campus paper back in college. Get a job. I did marketing and now I'm juggling my time between writing and doing HR work for a call center. I plan to shift careers and get into copywriting. Soon.
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Ireland. Or other festivals. Local or abroad.
- See the Coliseum and the Parthenon.
- Go to the senate. Scratch this.
See the National Museum.I only got around to doing this this year. Believe it or not.
- See a tarsier. Perhaps I could change this to traveling around the Philippines?
- See a fart. The fuck?
See the sun rise or set. I watched the sun set every day I was in Boracay and Puerto Galera. It was gorgeous.
- Have an authentic British tea party with finger sandwiches
- Eat croissant in the streets of Paris. In Lanvin.
- See Macau. Macau doesn't really interest me anymore, though I won't mind going around the fake canals.
- Ride a gondola in the Grand Canal. And maybe re-enact Madonna's Like A Virgin video?
- Eat halo halo in Baywalk. Now that Baywalk is a sad strip devoid of establishments and a basic wall (and general cleanliness), halo halo in Intramuros is good enough.
- See Tokyo and meet a geisha. Generally, geisha are located in Kyoto, but I have this sudden itch to go to my home country and explore Tokyo, Kyoto, Hokkaido, and Okinawa.
- See a New Orleans festival
See a supernatural creature. I've had several experiences already.
- Witness a "Your Mama" showdown. No.
- Fly a kite. I participated in a shoot involving a giant kite but I'd love to actually fly one.
Watch a musical. I've seen Rent (a local production), Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, Caredivas, and Mamma Mia!
- Live in New York
- Plant a tree
Graduate. Took me six damn years.
- Learn the ghetto language. I don't think so.
- Teach. But only until a certain age. I want to be a young teacher.
- Fly to Peru and see the lines at Nazca. The world, baby. The world.